The Planned Route

The Planned Route
This is as close to "final" as the planned route is likely to get... I don't intend to do any more updates to it. If it changes, I'll mention it in future posts. All but a few of the green lines represent flight segments. Looks like we have a lot of reading in store...

Time Saver

If you want to jump to the beginning of the trip... click here. After that, you can just click "newer post" to read them in order.

Monday, October 1, 2007

An Acknowledgement… Finally


As I set about the task of deciding how to document our travels, I was looking for a way to make things (mostly pictures) available to family and friends, as we went along our way, without encumbering them with emails that have massive attachments. It was suggested by our travel agent that I establish a web album, or a website, or a blog.

Well, I had no experience with, nor any usable knowledge about, any of those things, but at the mention of the word blog, I immediately thought of my friend, Don. Don has a blog of his own, which is listed in the “Links I Like” section in the column to the right. It’s called “Get the Flick.” I have been reading it for nearly as long as he has been writing it.

I have known Don for about twenty-five years. He is easily one of the most intelligent people I know… he’s well read, well spoken and is an excellent writer. Over the years, I have come to value his opinion highly and, although I haven’t always agreed with him on everything, I have found that he is usually right.

I did a little looking into blogging and, as I expected, I came across more information about it than I could filter through alone, so I got in touch with Don and let him know what I had in mind. I felt certain that the answer I would get would be clear, concise and probably correct. I was not disappointed.

Within an hour of hearing back from him, I had created this blog and had it up and running. Although I don’t add things to it with any regularity, I have spent enough time, here and there, tinkering with it to figure out how to write and manage posts, organize pictures, embed links, and add gadgets. In fact, I have gotten sufficiently wrapped up in those aspects that, up to now, I have neglected to publicly thank Don for his assistance.

So…

Thanks, Don! This wouldn't have been nearly as easy without your help!

“Bob”

1 comment:

Don Brown said...

I've been trying to think of something "smart" to say for a week. I'm stumped.

Guess I'll just have to say, you're welcome.