The Planned Route

The Planned Route
This is as close to "final" as the planned route is likely to get... I don't intend to do any more updates to it. If it changes, I'll mention it in future posts. All but a few of the green lines represent flight segments. Looks like we have a lot of reading in store...

Time Saver

If you want to jump to the beginning of the trip... click here. After that, you can just click "newer post" to read them in order.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

A Conclusion... and Another Beginning

The Conclusion

Well... it's over. It's hard to believe it in a way and in another way, it's a welcome relief. Don't get me wrong... as I have mentioned before, and as many before me have said... it's always good to be home.

It was a wonderful trip in so many ways. It was an adventure and an education. It had its ups and its downs, but it was very, very well worth all that was invested in it. It was sooooo worth it. One of the first questions asked of me after our return was, "Would you do it again?" My answer was a definite, "Yes...

but not right away."

It IS good to be home.

This post pretty much brings the essence of this blog to a conclusion. I have enjoyed writing it and I have particularly enjoyed sharing it. Thank you again to the many, many folks who have read it and have shared their thoughts about it with me.

I have no timetable in mind for ending this blog and will probably leave it up at least until I can figure out the best way to make a permanent copy of it. That could take a while. I will very likely keep adding to it as some post-trip thoughts come to mind or as the conversations we will inevitably have with those we know spur me to make another addition. I will, however, discontinue the email updates I have been sending out. If you are so inclined, please feel free to check back now and then for a look...

The Beginning

Now that the trip has come to an end, it's time for the memories to begin.

And they will last a lifetime.


Maybe longer...



No comments: